Dear Softball and Baseball Fans: Thank you very much for being part of Home Run for Chelsea celebration. It will be a fun weekend to celebrate Chelsea’s Light through baseball and softball. This is a unique tournament where we combine softball, baseball and challenged athletes to celebrate Chelsea’s indomitable spirit. Each team will play two games in one day. We ask all teams taking part to get in the “Spirit of Chelsea”. These are suggestions for our tournament to make it more enjoyable for players, coaches and parents.
- Moms to coach for a few innings or the whole game (coaches will reside in the stands-no instructions please)
- There will be an award for the team that best represents the “Spirit of Chelsea”
- Teams to break out of huddles between innings by chanting “Chelsea”
- We encourage players, coaches, parents to wear “Orange” (bracelets, socks, shoelaces)
- Moms warm up the players before game with coaches
- Have Fun! Be creative!
Please Note: Three special orange t-shirts will be provided to moms coaching for each team if you participate. Orange is Chelsea’s favorite color. You may have more moms coach; however please only have three coaches on the field at any time. You may switch coaches between innings to have more moms participate. We hope you enjoy the weekend of celebration. “GO BIG OR GO HOME!”
Thomas Rhee Kristie Grover
HRC Chairperson CLF Executive Director