On May 19, 2013–Over 140 teams participated in 2012, making it the largest one-day baseball tournament in Southern California. Thanks to the generous contributions of more than 450 tournament volunteers, 1,600 baseball players aged 5-14 had the opportunity to play the game they love participating in a unique tournament style that rewards the heart instead of the trophy shelf. Many of the players will be joining us for the fourth consecutive time looking forward to continuing a tradition that helps shape their lives.
Teams from all areas of baseball are encouraged to register and join the Home Run for Chelsea tournament including teams from travel baseball, Little League and PONY. This year we are partnering with Active Networks to automate the registration process more streamlined and efficient. Teams Managers can register by age group and then complete a short entry form with secure online credit card payment. Individual volunteers can also register to help out and join our team to help make Home Run for Chelsea ever stronger.
Our plans for Home Run for Chelsea 2013 include:
- 10 or more tournament locations throughout San Diego County
- Player participation in age groups from 5-14, possible multiple divisions
- Time Out for Chelsea ceremonies at each location
- Participation from local celebrities and groups
- Sponsorship opportunities for enhanced contribution to the Foundation
- Food, music and fun during the day long celebration
During Home Run for Chelsea, we encourage you to measure your success by the pure joy that comes from being able to play a really fun game with your teammates, while friends and family watch you having a great time. Sometimes it’s important to just pause and enjoy those simple pleasures.